OBJECTIVES and MISSION
To help guide Industries/Universities/Government initiatives that design and apply food science and nutrition concerning the product, process, and manufacturing needs for the delivery of high quality, health promoting and safe foods and food materials to consumers.
Knowledge Dissemination to
- Promote concepts of high quality & safe food and balanced nutrition.
- Create awareness about good food and nutrition & its relation with health.
- Focus on improvement of dietary practices among Indian population.
- Assume social responsibilities in matter of food safety and good nutrition.
- Act as an NGO promoting the larger interests of the consumer welfare.
- Recognize & reward merit in academic fields related to Food Science and Nutrition.
- Handling communication projects on nutrition.
- Promoting of education and research in Foods Science &Nutrition.
- Identify regional preference for different foods.
- Examine the basic components of national diets & need for fortification.
- Assist in laying standards for nutritive and safe foods and raw materials.
- To act as advisory body in regulatory matter relating to food laws.
- Project consultant services to food industry.
- Member Services such as publication of relevant information in PFNDIA bulletin.